Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

War Against Selfie!





Petaling Jaya & Georgetown Penang listed in the World's Top 10 'Selfiest' Cities

Whoa.
Should I be proud since I am a PJ girl? Or should I be embarrassed with the number of narcissistic, self-obsessed people we have in PJ?!

The survey conducted by Times Magazine was based in images downloaded via Instagram API, for pictures tagged #selfie. Although not that pretty accurate but nevertheless I was shocked to learn that not only Malaysia has TWO cities listed in top 10, but also the fact that PJ ranked 3rd after New York City! Oh boy aren't we a bunch of super self-absorb human?!

Frankly, I DO have something against 'selfie' or self-taken-picture-of-oneself. For one, I hate it when I was enjoying my morning coffee checking our my newsfeed and I accidentally scroll over a konon cun selfie that focusses on the face, yes, THE FACE. And BAM! a ginormous eyes, nose and mouth comes face to face with you that made you almost jumped out of your skin and knock off your coffee! It is scary as hell I tell you! Not cool okay.

In all honesty, no one cares how good/bad you look like. WE DON'T CARE. Especially in the morning. Puh-leaseeeee! Send it to your mom or your boyfriend whatever but please safe all of us from the torture of an almost-heart-attack having to see you closed up like that. We do not want to know where your zits are and neither do we want to study your face real close. God!

However, we can understand and tolerate the once-in-a-while selfie because deep down inside everybody crave for attention and your 2-minute fame but NOT the Everyday, Every Hour, Every Minute selfie okay?! Ridiculous. I tell ya', if we are in the 1800 era, you would definitely be locked up in a cuckoo house for having that much picture of yourself in such a short period of time. Crazinesss I tell you.

You know what's worst?
These loons even revisit their selfie picture just to check the number of likes or double tapped they received from their 'friends' & 'fans'. And tomorrow, the same story all over again. *Sigh*

Bring me a picture of a cat anytime but NEVER a SELFIE of some obnoxious, pouty lips girl who thinks she is some modern day Mona Lisa that is a compulsory for people to admire her work of art.

Shoot me somebody, shoot me quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment