Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Reflection & Mssing Malaysian Plane MH370

Firstly, let us take a minute and #prayforMH370
Al-Fatihah



We are blessed with technology but being human, we are never grateful for what we have, wanting better gadgets better tools to aid us in our daily life. We take all these God given knowledge, ideas and ability to create for granted. And so have I.

Back in 2011/12 when I was still working for a corporation, I had to travel for work. Never has it occur to me that life was always at stake doing so. Heck, life was always at stake everyday of our breathing life. Scary isn't it?!

Our life, we depend wholly on machines. Alarm clock, toaster, coffee machine, car, LRTs, traffic light, computer, mobile phone, electricity. Yes, our generation is so spoiled that we are so-dependable on these creations. Unfortunately, we all know that machines will fail you one day. Computer will crash, toaster will burnt your bread, traffic light goes out of order, cars needs maintenance.

What if one day, these technology took over us. Look at Matrix for example. Okay, may not be the best example but I watched in on HBO last night, hence the idea to write this post. Just bear with me, what if one day the table turned and we would be controlled by these machines? We have plenty of ideas how life would be like if the tables do turned. Also thanks to all the American sci-fi movie for shedding light on this matter.

My point is this, why do we need them so much if you know it will eventually fail?
Because we are lazy-cows who prefer luxury over hard work. Yes, that is it. Why meet up when we can chat or video conference? Why boil your own water and make your own coffee? Why walk to the nearest convenience store when you can drive?

I admit, that technology are necessary at times. But sometimes, I feel it is essential that we remind ourselves what it feels like to be a human, with limits. Let us start to enjoy the little things we forget; like smelling the coffee your poured yourself into your own cup, Or catching up with friends and laugh instead of texting them, and many more.

Enjoy them; for life is too short.

----

God is Almighty.
It is from Him that we have all of the technology we have today.
He shall give but he can also take it back.
With all the great ships, planes and latest technology we have yet we still could not locate the missing MH370.

It has been 3 days and no luck as yet.
I pity the family of those onboard MH370 especially learning that one of the passenger was an Officer from MITI. I may not know him, but I picture myself in his seat, off for duty serving the country.

It could have been me, It could have been you. It could have been anybody.
Tears welled up whenever I imagine how sad my parents would be if it was me in that plane. All geared up for work, excited to be meeting foreign people and make new friends, a new chapter in life. Never suspecting that fate has planned otherwise.

I thank God once in a while. But not all the time.
I hope he knows that I AM grateful for the blessed life he gives me.
And I think henceforth, it is my duty to remember him for all the good & bad things that happened in my life. The good for it makes me happy, the bad for it teaches me a lesson.

Syukur Alhamdulillah, syukur Alhamdulillah, syukur Alhamdulillah.

I pray for MH370 to be located soon. I pray that God will give the family strength & patience.
This is indeed a mystery. One that only God has the answers to.






No comments:

Post a Comment