Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Leap of Faith

Assalamualaikum & hello...

I'd like to start my post by saying CONGRATULATIONS to my good friend, a new Mum; for giving birth to a beautiful baby last night! 

Bittersweet memories flooded me as soon as I saw her baby's picture in Instagram. Woww...I'm almost 30 years old, a lot have changed with me & friends around me, my environment. And I thought of all the crazy shite things I've done in my past. All the mistakes & detours I took when I was young. And I said..."Alhamdulillah...I am where I want to be now".

Taking the plunge to full time entrepreneur in 2012 was a leap of faith indeed. I doubted myself. Questions run through me; the what ifs and what nots. My husband consoled me and with his deep believe & confidence in me, I resigned. 





Hence TIGER LILY Bags & Accessories was established. I started my baby steps into the business world and it was Ramadhan of 2012. And Alhamdulillah we did quite well. Rezeki bulan Ramadhan they say.
So okay, I must admit that I hid this fact for sometime from some family members but purely out of my respect to their concerns on the uncertainties of a business-life and I do not want them to worry about me. 

Ever since then, life was a roller-coaster. And I love roller-coasters. Everyday I am faced with challenges from the brutal ups & downs of the Retail world, problems from staff (the usual culprit I tell you!), planning & strategising my next step bla bla bla. Yet I am happy & content. 


Latest collection at #tigerlilybags


It is true that you do get a bit tired from all the thinking & working you'd have to do managing your business, but like the video I watched last night by Ustaz Azhar Idrus; If you are passionate about what you do, your excitement will overrule your tiredness. You don't think about being tired cause you are HAPPY and EXCITED doing it! Brilliant~!

*****

Malaysia recently went through our 13th General Elections and there was a small war happening at the usual places, cyberspace (i.e. facebook, twitter), mamak shop, at home...I too may have been a bit vocal on the eve of the balloting day. Can't helped it, I love my country & people too much. 

Post-election fever, I saw how divided we were. Especially here in Shah Alam. It saddens me how easily a bunch of politicians toy with our mind. Lest we forget, politicians will ALWAYS be politicians. Promises are just tickets to win your votes. 

Therefore, I plan to do my part and help my people to look at the bigger picture. Especially the younger generation, Gen Y. 

From now on, whenever I conduct interview session to employ new staff (and I only employ Malaysians) I'll be sure to ask what their ambitions are. Why? So I know whether they have a goal in life and if they do, my husband & I will help nurture them by sharing all the knowledge, experience & know hows we've gained over the years.

 InsyaAllah (God's willing) this will help guide them into becoming a successful person one day. It is the least I can do for my nation. 

****

Do drop by our Facebook page & Instagram yeah!

Instagram ID: liyanalalala


www.facebook.com/locololabags




No comments:

Post a Comment